Ireland‘s long and honourable tradition in educational excellence is recognised the world over.
Dating back to the Middle Ages, Ireland held the position as one of the principal education providers to the western world. Successive modern governments have continued to regard education as a key priority and investment in this area has been sustained for a long time. This has resulted in one of the highest education participation rates in the world today, which, in turn, has had positive implications for the strong economic growth and development of Ireland.
- ‘The education system in Ireland is one of the best in the world’, 2007 Independent IMD World Competitiveness Report.
- Irish education is of the highest international quality.
- The quality of the Irish education system is a major contributing factor to the rapid rate of economic growth Ireland has experienced over the last few decades.
- Irish higher education institutions are widely recognised for excellence in many disciplines.
- Ireland is recognised as an international location for high quality scientific research.
- Ireland is an English speaking country. Some of the great writers in English literature have come from Ireland. These include Jonathan Swift, James Joyce, William Butler Yeats, Oscar Wilde, George Bernard Shaw and Samuel Beckett.
- Irish peopleare among the most enriching reasons to study in Ireland. Irish people are renowned for their friendliness and hospitality which greatly contributes to the ease with which overseas students adapt to student life in Ireland.
- Ireland has a young vibrant population, with 40% of the population under the age of 25, Ireland is one of the most exciting places in the world to be a student.
Ireland is beautiful – much of the countryside remains unspoilt providing an excellent natural habitat for a flourishing flora and fauna. Ireland’s landscape provides a rich environment for the many outdoor leisure pursuits for which it is famous watersports
- hill walking, rocking climbing and caving are just a few of the many activities which can be enjoyed when taking a break from study.
- Ireland has a rich cultural heritage with its own distinctive language (Gaelic) music, culture and sports.
- Ireland is a dynamic, lively and modern country.
- Ireland is a safe country to study in.
- Ireland is a highly developed democracy with a modern economy. The Irish economy is particularly strong in the areas of software development, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing and international services.
- The number of international students visiting Ireland is increasing each year, students from all over the world are taking advantage of the higher education standard in Ireland coupled with the unique cultural experience.
- Above all, however, Ireland is renowned worldwide for its friendliness and its welcome to visitors. These core values are as prevalent in Irish society today as ever. You can be sure that an integral part of “The Irish Experience” will be the welcome you receive!
More about Ireland